Do this. Not that: Venue Tours 101!
We love venue tours! We love showing brides Kendall Point and giving all the warm and fuzzies. But there are somethings that you just don’t know, until you know! For those of you who do your homework—here’s another short read for ya!
- Make an appointment: Tours are by appointment only. Make sure you’ve scheduled one before you show up! Don’t show up on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday afternoon for a tour! Wedding day!
- Show up on time. #1 !! Especially on Saturdays! Tours are scheduled back to back to back to accommodate as many brides as possible! If you arrive late, yikes, it puts a kink in everything! Allow for about 20 minutes for a tour on a Saturday!
- If you need a moment, take one! We don’t mind. If you are not comfortable discussing something in front of us, don’t be shy, ask for space J
- If you tour on a Saturday, consider who you bring with you! Limit your invites to you and your fiancé, mom and dad, and or the immediate most important. Saturday’s are wedding days; So we limit our tour time on Saturdays to accommodate many couples, and most important, we are considerate to the bride of the day! So, to make sure you can see everything and get the most out of your tour, limit the amount of people you bring with you for less distractions! Hey, if you book a tour during the week, bring all the people… we have more time and attention to give to you J
- We are not sleezy salespeople! No pressure, we won’t ask you to book onsite, we won’t follow you to your car, we won’t email you 500 times. We get it, choosing the right venue is kind of a big deal! When you are ready, we are ready.
- Want to see a contract? Cool, we can email you one so you can read it without distraction. We have nothing to hide, we are happy to share a sample contract with you!
- Ask us what dates are open. Our golden rule…” Fall in love with your venue, not your date” …SOOOOO this means you can ask what dates we have open. We would love to share our calendar with you so you can see what dates are available, going, or gone!
- Every been HANGRY? Don’t come to the tour hungry, you can’t focus!
- Read Reviews. Google is helpful from a guest’s (or any random persons) perspective, but The Knot and Wedding wire tell the good, the bad and the ugly from real brides. Also, read the venue responses to reviews. It will tell you a lot about the ethics of a business.
- Questions: Ask away! But first, get through tour. We bet most of your questions are answered before you have to ask them!
- Be sure to ask about any hidden fees, or “plus-plus” fees. Heads up, Kendall Plantation has no hidden fees or plus-plus fees. We keep it simple, the way it should be.